In 1950 or 51, Harry and Louis built a small building at what was then 1102 East Wendover. Over the last 70 years, this building has undergone significant changes to be the building we know as the corporate headquarters.
In 1949, Vance Morrow joined the Hoffman brothers by opening an office in Columbia, SC, using a closet in his home as his office space.
1947, brothers Harry and Louis Hoffman formed a partnership to sell commercial HVAC equipment. Their office was a shared apartment over a horse barn on their father’s property in Guilford County, NC. The brothers incorporated as a manufacturer’s rep named Hoffman & Hoffman, Inc. in 1948
That same year, they leased a 15’ x 15’ office space at 216 West Market Street in Greensboro, NC