The History of Hoffman & Hoffman

Hoffman & Hoffman

2020

Employees working from home and in office

Our employees are here to help customers from remote offices and in the office with distance protocols in mind.

2019

Heat Transfer Sales

In 2019, the company acquired Heat Transfer Sales to incorporate hydronic equipment offering.

2016

Rusty Hoffman converted the company

In December 2016, Rusty Hoffman converted the company to a 100% employee owned company.

2013

The third generation of the Hoffman family

Adam Hoffman joined the company in January of 2013 as the third generation of the Hoffman family. His brother Matthew came on board in August of 2018.

Hoffman Mechanical Solutions launched

In 2013, Hoffman Mechanical Solutions (HMS) was launched as a division of Hoffman & Hoffman when equipment trouble-shooting and installations became a bigger part of the business.  It became fully incorporated as a separate company in 2016.

2009

Knoxville, TN office opens

2000

Chesapeake, VA and Richmond, VA offices open

1990

Hoffman Building Technologies started as a division

As the company moved more into controls and building automation in the early 1990s, Hoffman Building Technologies started as a division.

1988

Rusty Hoffman became President of the Company

In 1988, Rusty Hoffman became President of the Company. Around the same time, Louis Hoffman converted the company into a partial ESOP.

1983

21 sales people in the office

In 1983, there were 21 sales people in the office. Today, there are over 110.

1980

Rusty Hoffman starts at the company in sales

1971

Asheville office opens

1970

Charleston office opens

1963

Roanoke office opens

1959

Charlotte office opens

1950

Harry and Louis built a small building

In 1950 or 51, Harry and Louis built a small building at what was then 1102 East Wendover. Over the last 70 years, this building has undergone significant changes to be the building we know as the corporate headquarters.

1949

Vance Morrow joined the Hoffman brothers

In 1949, Vance Morrow joined the Hoffman brothers by opening an office in Columbia, SC, using a closet in his home as his office space.

1947

Brothers Harry and Louis Hoffman

1947, brothers Harry and Louis Hoffman formed a partnership to sell commercial HVAC equipment. Their office was a shared apartment over a horse barn on their father’s property in Guilford County, NC. The brothers incorporated as a manufacturer’s rep named Hoffman & Hoffman, Inc. in 1948 That same year, they leased a 15’ x 15’ office space at 216 West Market Street in Greensboro, NC